Gypsol XS was modelled as a high strength screeding solution, for use in projects that experience superior strengths and higher loadings. Gypsol XS screed is formulated especially for projects where higher loadings and wear and tear are more likely. You should think of commercial projects such as, theatres, data storage facilities and hospital operating facilities.
FORMULATED FOR HIGH LOAD AREAS
Our Gypsol XS screed is formulated especially for projects where higher loadings and wear and tear are more likely. You should think of commercial projects such as:
- data storage facilities
- hospital operating facilities
The screed is suitable for the encapsulation of an underfloor heating system, either electric or warm water. You can use it to produce a smooth, flat and level floor to form the sub-base for subsequent floor coverings for internal floors. Our customers are specially trained Screeders who pump your floor into place by using specialised equipment. Gypsol XS provides a high strength cost-effective and environmentally friendly alternative to cement-based screeds.
You can also combine this screed with the unique Gypsol Rapide fast-drying additive to produce drying times of just 14 days at 50mm deep in the correct drying conditions.
GYPSOL XS SCREED
Gypsol XS, a high strength screeding solution, for use in projects that experience superior strengths and higher loadings
LKAB Minerals manufactures Gypsol XS to exacting standards in quality-assured ready-mix facilities throughout the UK. We also have this product available in specific locations from volumetric on-site mixing systems. We make our screed from high-quality Gypsol anhydrite binder, specially selected sands and clean water. Therefore this offers our users a simple and effective floor screeding solution for all building types where they use a subsequent floor covering. Finally, you can use the material with or without underfloor heating, and it is suitable for use in acoustic designs.
Using Gypsol XS will benefit your screed floor because of:
- Rapid application
- Assured high strength (minimum Ca-C30 – F5)
- Low shrinkage (reduced risk of plastic cracking)
- Thin Screed sections (35mm Floating domestic, 40mm floating commercial, 30mm un-bonded, 25mm bonded, 25mm cover to underfloor heating pipes
- Fast drying (28 days natural drying*, 13 days forced drying*, can be used with Rapide Additive to offer 14 days drying)
- Rapid commissioning of underfloor heating (underfloor heating can be commissioned and run after just seven days)
- No reinforcement nor fibres required
*Independently tested and based on 50mm depth at 20˚C and 60% RH. Upon request, we have the full test data available for you.
- No curing agents required
- Low Carbon Footprint (just 26.26kg per tonne of material manufactured saving up to 94% CO2 compared to a cement-based screed)
- Fully self-compacting and high density (offers 80kg/m2 density at just 40mm)
- Rapid return to service of work areas (foot traffic after just 48 hours, full loading after only seven days)